Aloo Parantha with Lassi | Breakfast with Chef Afraz | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana. A scrumptious Punjabi dish, this is packed with carbs like most punjabi dishes and is utterly heartwarming, rich and filling. Served with lassi.
ALOO PARANTHA WITH LASSI
5-6 medium potatoes (aloo), boiled and peeled
Whole wheat flour (atta) dough as required
1 medium onion
1 tablespoon ghee + for basting
1 green chilli
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
1 teaspoon dried pomegranate seeds
Salt to taste
Whole wheat flour for dusting
3 cups chilled yogurt
4-5 tablespoons powdered sugar
½ teaspoon green cardamom powder
½ cup milk
1. To prepare stuffing, finely chop onion.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a non-stick pan. Add chopped onion and sauté till translucent.
3. Chop green chilli, add to pan and sauté for 30 seconds. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ¼ teaspoon cumin powder, dried pomegranate powder and salt, mix and cook on medium-low heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Mash potatoes in a bowl. Add sautéed onion mixture and mix well. Adjust salt and remaining cumin powder and mix well.
5. Divide the dough into equal portions and shape into balls.
6. Make a cavity in the center of each ball, put a portion of stuffing, bring the edges together, seal and shape into balls.
7. Heat a non-stick tawa.
8. Dust the worktop with some flour and roll out each stuffed portion into ½ cm thick parantha.
9. Dust off excess wheat flour from each parantha, place on hot tawa and roast from both sides till golden brown, basting with some ghee.
10. To prepare lassi, blend together yogurt, powdered sugar, green cardamom powder and milk into smooth mixture.
11. Halve aloo paranthas and place on one side of a serving platter. Pour lassi in individual earthen glasses, place on the other side of the platter and serve.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor
Tags: Aloo Parantha with Lassi | Breakfast with Chef Afraz | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana, Aloo Parantha with Lassi, how to make aloo parantha with lassi, Aloo Paratha, Aloo Paratha Recipe, punjabi lassi, gobi ka parantha, home made aloo parantha, Sanjeev kapoor recipe, master chef, wonder chef, cooksmart, style chef, indian cusine, hi tea, restaurant, chef, cafe, foodie, simple recipe, cook, recipe, fat to fit, quick & easy recipe, smart chef, butter chicken, dessert, parantha recipe